Thursday, March 4, 2010

Epic Bread Fail

When I moved from Halifax to Charlottetown, my good friend Hilary made me some challah bread as a parting gift.

It's a traditional jewish braided bread. Very yeasty and tastes sweet. I love all breads and was glad to accept it.

The dough gets frozen and you take it out for five hours. It rises and you just stick it in the oven to get some fresh bread! Simple, yes?

Well, a dumbass would put the unfrozen bread on a plate, as opposed to the sheet on which it would expand.

So when I came home, the bread had wonderfully bloated to a nice and plump unbaked bread. And also stuck firmly to the plate. So, I had to pull and fight to get it off the plate. Then, I had to fight to get it off my hands and unto the darn sheet. It got all stretched out and lumpy.

Well, I wasn't gonna throw it away, so I still stuck it into the oven to bake.

Here's the result in ALL IT'S GLORY!!!!


It still tastes awesome, even though it looks like something that died. :)

2 comments: