Sunday, March 27, 2011

French Onion Soup

I bought a dutch oven a little while ago for the purpose of this recipe and I finally got the gumption to go ahead and try it this weekend.

Well, it calls for the onions to be cooked for about 3 hours in total so you get a nice glaze that gives the soup flavour.

Well, maybe it because my pot was placed too low in the over or the temperature a bit too high, but my glaze mostly turned into burnt. Which gave the soup a sad burnt taste that overpowered anything.

So, a failure this time, but I'll try it again with this failure in mind.
It's just saddening to know I wasted 3 lbs of onions.

Anyway, the picture still makes it look good. :P

French Onion Soup

1 comment:

  1. Haha I was gonna say, the picture looks so good, no one would know! Too bad it didn't turn out though.

    ReplyDelete